1. Perform all the steps in the procedure while having one eye patched and wearing your habitual glasses. Repeat all the steps in the procedure with the other eye covered.
1. Hold the string at your reading distance and thread it onto the bead.
2. The string should go through the hole of the bead on the first attempt.
3. If the attempt is not successful, the bead should be moved 3 to 5 inches away from the string and the procedure should be repeated.
4. Bead needs to be threaded accurately and properly.
5. No head tilt. Normal working distance. Must see both the hole of the bead and the end of the thread.