1. Perform all the steps in the procedure while having one eye patched and wearing your habitual glasses. Repeat all the steps in the procedure with the other eye covered.
1. Write the numerals 1-15 in the center of each Post-It note (15 total). The numerals should be about two inches in height.
2. Place these cards randomly on an uncluttered wall
3. Stand as far away as you can see all the details on all the post-it notes clearly.
4. The eyes should fixate on each number in sequence as the observer calls off a number.
5. Be aware of all the numbers out of the corner of your eyes (side vision) even though you are fixating directly on a particular number.
6. Increase the difficulty by adding 15 more post-it notes.
7. Move your eyes quickly to the called-out number.
8. Use a flashlight to light each called-out number.