1. Perform all the steps in the procedure while having one eye patched and wearing your habitual glasses. Repeat all the steps in the procedure with the other eye covered.
1. While performing the exercise, keep the details as clear as possible as soon as your gaze shifts to the target.
2. Read the first letter of the first row of the Near Hart chart while keeping it clear.
3. Then look far away at the second letter of the first row of the Far Hart chart while keeping it clear.
4. Shift focus back to the Neart Hart chart and read the third.
5. Continue until the last character.